I’m proud to be an independent retailer, supporting my local community.
My IGA store strives to deliver a shopping experience that my local community value, which is to shop locally and conveniently with great customer service, whilst supporting local suppliers and brands, offering far more benefits than just competitive prices.
You should be aware that the handling of personal information by third parties will be subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and participation in a loyalty program or other promotional offers may be subject to additional terms and conditions. You should familiarise yourself with these policies and terms and conditions before providing personal information or agreeing to participate in a loyalty program or other offers.
We may update this policy from time to time. The most current version will be located on our website (igacarina.com.au/privacy-policy/) and is also available by contacting us.
Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information we collect and hold may include any or all of the following:
- name, address(es), telephone number(s), and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- transaction details relating to your use or purchase of our products, services or benefits;
- if you are a member of a loyalty program in which we participate: your membership details (e.g. member number) for that loyalty program; and details relating to your use or acquisition of products, services or benefits from organisations that operate, administer or provide products and/or services in connection with that loyalty program.
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information. However, if you do not do so, we may not be able to provide you with products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website or online store;
- in person or on a form that you provide to us;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit;
- when you have entered an in-store promotion.
We may collect personal information about you indirectly, for example through:
- transactions that you enter in store;
- organisations that operate, administer or provide products and/or services in connection with any loyalty program in which you and we participate;
- third parties who supply services to us, e.g. point-of-sale terminal vendors who report transaction data to us.
Consequences if you do not provide personal information
If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested. For example, if you do not provide us with personal information requested in connection with your registration for a loyalty program, we and organisations operating and administering that program may not be able to provide you with program benefits and/or administer your membership.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a member of a loyalty program in which we participate, to enable:
- you to participate in the program, and enjoy member benefits;
- us to better understand and gain insights into store and campaign performance, shopper trends and to plan future developments, member offers and campaigns; and
- organisations that operate or administer that loyalty program to perform their functions in relation to that program, including undertake analysis o retailer performance and trends, and to provide aggregated, anonymous statistics on these matters to other program participants.
- To answer any inquiry you make.
We may also disclose your personal information to organisations that participate in, operate or administer any loyalty program in which you and we participate.
We may also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you, including electronic direct marketing, from:
- the operator and administrator of a loyalty program in which we participate;
- third parties who provide services to us, Metcash Trading Ltd, the operator and administrator of a loyalty program in which you and we participate.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- your membership of, and benefits associated with, loyalty programs in which you and we participate;
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties; and
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication. You should be aware that if you opt out, you may not be able to receive benefits you would otherwise receive e.g. if you opt-out of loyalty program emails, you may not be able to receive all of the benefits of participating in that loyalty program.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Do we send personal information overseas?
How can you request to access or correct your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, or you realise details we hold about you are incorrect:
- you can contact us to let us know.
How to contact us or make a complaint
Chris’ IGA Carina reserves the right to modify and change the Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes to this policy will be published on our site.
We currently accept Visa, Master Card payments. No items will be held or shipped until payments have been authorized.
Purchasing from igacarina.com.au you (the customer) agree to the terms and conditions outlined in our policies.
Chris’ IGA Carina is located at 881 Old Cleveland Rd Carina 4152
Last updated April 2019