Types of personal information collected
- name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- transaction details relating to your use or purchase of our products, services or benefits;
- if you are a member of a loyalty program in which we participate:
- your membership details (e.g. member number) for that loyalty program; and
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- any other personal information which you provide to us.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- when you submit information through our website;
- in person or on a form that you provide to us;
- in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit;
- when you have other dealings with us.
We may collect personal information about you indirectly, for example through:
- transactions that you enter into in store;
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners;
Consequences if you do not provide personal information
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- to provide the products, services or benefits you have requested from us;
- if you are a member of a loyalty program in which we participate, to enable:
- you to participate in the program, and enjoy program benefits;
- to answer any inquiry you make;
- to otherwise enable us to perform our business activities and functions.
- couriers and delivery contractors;
- consultants and professional advisers; and
- our related bodies corporate and Metcash Trading Limited;
- the operator or administrator of a loyalty program in which you and we participate; and
- hird parties who provide services to us, our related bodies corporate, Metcash Trading Limited or the operator or administrator of a loyalty program in which you and we participate.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- your membership of, and benefits associated with, loyalty programs in which you and we participate;
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties; and
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
Do we send personal information overseas?
How you can request to access or correct your personal information
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a reasonable fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information. We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
How to contact us or make a complaint
Privacy Officer – Stacey Hodgkins (02)6566 6263
Email: [email protected]