3. What personal information do we collect and hold in connection with the Program?The types of personal information we collect and hold about Program members may include:
- contact details (e.g. address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s));
- other identification information (e.g. date of birth, membership numbers or other personal identifiers related to your participation in the Program);
- details of your registered “primary store”;
- household / demographic information;
- transaction information / history (including details of the products you purchase, and the value of your purchases);
- details and history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products and interaction with our digital services and platforms;
- reward details (including details of reward redemptions);
- records of your automatic competition entries;
- your browsing history and cookie preferences;
- records of your communications and interactions with us and in connection with the Program;
- information regarding your participation in third party loyalty programs associated with the Program; and
- other personal information you provide to us or to IGA Retailers.
- contact details (e.g. address(es), email address(es), telephone number(s));
- other identification information (e.g. date of birth);
- relevant employment details (e.g. role title); and
- any other personal information those participants provide to us.
4. How do we collect your personal information in connection with the Program?We may collect your personal information from your interactions and transactions with us, IGA Retailers and their service providers or existing loyalty program operators, and other Program participants (such as rewards providers). This includes when you:
- use or access the Program website or Program-related digital services;
- email or contact us, or we otherwise have conversations with you (such as in-store or over the telephone); or
- have other dealings with us, or otherwise in the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit.
- register to participate in the Program directly with us (e.g. via our website or any Program app we provide);
- use the loyalty card which has been linked to your Program account, including when you make a purchase instore or online;
- participate in a promotion, competition or survey in connection with the Program; and/or
- redeem a reward or access an offer provided in connection with the Program.
- IGA Retailers and their service providers (such as point of sale vendors) or operators of third party loyalty programs associated with the Program;
- other Program participants (such as rewards providers) and their service providers;
- other Metcash group companies; and
- your representatives (including legal representatives).
5. How do we hold and protect your personal information?We hold personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records, both at our own premises and with the assistance of service providers. In so doing, we take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When we no longer need your personal information, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the information.
6. Consequences if you do not provide personal informationIf you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with products, services or benefits in connection with the Program. For example, if you have not provided your email address, we will not be able to issue personalised email communications or grant you automatic competition entries.
7. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?General We handle your personal information for the purposes of providing, administering, improving and personalising the Program, our products and services, and the products and services of IGA Retailers and other Program participants. This can include, to the extent permitted by law: registering you to participate in the Program; enabling you to access Program portals; providing Program benefits; managing Program promotions and competitions; enabling automatic entry in Program-related and Retailer-related promotions for Program members; offering and facilitating the offer of other Program benefits; offering and facilitating the offer of other products or services that may be of interest to you; verifying your identity, communicating with you (including through direct marketing); understanding your interests and preferences to help us tailor our communications and offers and to improve our offerings and the offerings of IGA Retailers; handling your queries and complaints; assessing the performance of Program websites, apps and digital platforms and improving their operation; for other data analytics purposes, including to provide participating IGA Retailers with information about the purchasing trends of members who have registered that IGA Retailer as their “primary store” and to provide aggregated, anonymous information about Program activity, shopper trends and campaign/promotional performance, and other Program insights, to IGA Retailers and other Program participants; conducting surveys, and market and product research; otherwise providing goods, services and benefits you have requested or are eligible to receive in connection with the Program; working with our service providers; and any other purposes which we have notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or to which you have provided your consent. Corporate/Legal We may also handle your personal information:
- to protect, defend and enforce our legal rights and obtain professional advice;
- to comply with industry standards and our policies;
- to maintain and update our records;
- as required or authorised by law or a court or tribunal order; and
- to facilitate purchases or potential purchases of, or investments in, our business or a group company.
8. Who do we disclose your personal information to?We may disclose your personal information to:
- various third party service providers we or our group companies engage in connection with the Program, including service providers who assist with the development, administration, marketing or improvement of the Program, or with Program-related data processing/analysis;
- the IGA Retailer you have registered as your “primary store”, from time to time for the purposes of that Retailer’s participation in the Program and also when that Retailer ceases participating in the Program;
- the third party operator of an existing loyalty program run on behalf of the IGA Retailer you have registered as your “primary store”, where you have also registered for that program, including to ensure that you can obtain the benefits of membership of that program. Please see the “Third Party Programs” section of the Member Terms and Conditions (at www.igarewards.com.au/terms) for more information;
- other Program participants, including rewards providers, as is reasonable or necessary for the operation of the Program. In this regard, we do not share identifiable member data with IGA Retailers, except with a member’s registered “primary store”. However, we may use and analyse member personal information to create aggregated, anonymous data which we report to other participating IGA Retailers and other Program participants, to enable them to gain insights into general shopper trends and campaign and store performance;
- our professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisers and consultants;
- government bodies and regulatory authorities, including if required or authorised by law;
- companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by or who may invest in us or our group companies; and
- our related group companies.
- so that your preferences for a particular site can be stored;
- to improve your browsing experience; and
- to help tailor advertising and promotions to you.
10. How you can access and correct your personal informationWe will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please update your account profile via the Program website or contact our Privacy Officer by email or at the address provided in section 11 below. At your request, we will provide you with a copy of, or correct, any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act applies. We may charge reasonable fees for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
Last Updated: December 2023