Enjoy a quick and light weeknight dinner full of amazing nutrients from these delicious mixed wild mushrooms, topped off with a delicious oriental vinegar dressing.
500g dried wheat noodles or fresh rice noodles
1 bunch bok choy, quartered lengthwise
1/3 cup sesame oil
500g mixed Asian mushrooms (such as king oyster, enoki, oyster and shiitake)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp chilli oil
2 tsp finely grated ginger
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes, and then remove pan from heat and set aside to allow eggs to cool.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and refresh in cold or iced water. Chill until ready to use.
- Blanch bok choy in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh in cold or iced water. Chill until ready to use.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp sesame oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add half the mushrooms, then season and cook for 3 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, then transfer to a bowl. (If using enoki mushrooms, cook separately for 1 minute.) Repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and mushrooms.
- Divide noodles among 4 bowls.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. Top each bowl with bok choy, mushrooms and an egg.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.