These Asian inspired chicken drumsticks are finger lickin’ awesome!
16 chicken drumsticks
½ cup Kecap Manis (a sweet soy sauce)
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
3 tsp sesame seeds
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Into a bowl combine Kecap Manis, ginger and 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds.
- Use a small sharp knife to make two cuts, about 3 cm long and 1cm deep, in the thickest part of each chicken drumstick. Place the drumsticks onto the prepared tray and season with cracked pepper.
- Brush liberally with the marinade, coating the drumsticks completely.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap and put the marinated chicken in the fridge for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven for 200°C. Bake the drumsticks in the marinade for 45 minutes or until cooked through, turning (with a pair of tongs) and basting the drumsticks every 10 minutes. On the last baste, sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of sesame seeds.