An easy and delicious one pan meal, perfect for weeknights or a casual lunch.
6 chicken thighs, skin on and bone in
3 spring onions
3 tbsp lemon juice, and zest
5 lemon slices
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
1 tbsp dill, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- In a heavy based ovenproof pan or skillet over medium high heat, drizzle olive oil and cook chicken thighs skin side down for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown, turn and seal the other side. When both sides are brown, transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Bring the pan back to heat and drizzle a little more olive oil. Cook spring onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes until fragrant, add rice, chicken stock, lemon zest, dried oregano and the other tablespoon of lemon juice. Stir to combine then add the lemon slices, the chicken and its rested juices back into the pan. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid or wrap tightly with foil and remove from heat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before stirring through the parsley and dill through the rice.