These colourful, healthy burgers are really going to help you get your grill on this weekend.
500g beef mince
80g baby spinach leaves
80g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 egg, beaten
- In a large bowl, place all the ingredients and season well with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Roll each into a ball and then flatten with the palm of your hand, so they are roughly 1 cm thick.
- Using your thumb, make an indentation into the centre of the patty (this helps to keep the patties a consistent thickness when cooking).
- Once made, place on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the BBQ to high.
- Place the patties directly on the grill and press down with the back of a spatula.
- Reduce heat to medium, cook for 5 minutes, turn and gently press down again, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- When the patties are cooked through, remove from the BBQ and set aside, covered with foil, to rest.