Combine your Dad’s two favourites – beer & dessert, in this crowd pleasing cake which is sure to put a smile on his face for Father’s Day or all year round!
1/3 cup vegetable oil
4 whole eggs
1 cup stout beer
2 packets of a chocolate cake mix
1 packet frosting mix (for the icing)
1 1/2 cup butter blend spread (for the icing)
1 cup dark cocoa (for the icing)
2 tbsp water (for the icing)
- Empty both cake mix packets into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and place the rest of the ingredients in the centre of the well.
- Mix with a blender on low speed, for 1-2 min, then increase the speed to medium for another 2-3min, finish mixing with a hand spatula, and scrape down the bowl’s sides and bottom.
- Grease a 10 to 12-inch springform cake tin.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and with the spatula, level the batter slightly.
- Cover the tin with foil and bake at 180C for 50-60 min. Check to see if the cake is done cooking by inserting a skewer, if the skewer comes out clean without wet batter it should be ready.
- While the cake cools, make the icing by use a blender to blend the rest of the icing ingredients until it’s fluffy and well combined.
- Frost the cake when it’s completely cool.