Add a little zing and some sunshine to your roast potatoes, with this citrus and fennel twist.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp dried fennel seeds
Leaves from 4 sprigs fresh thyme (discard stems)
600g baby potatoes
1 fennel bulb
- Mix the oil, juices, mustard, sugar and fennel seeds together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut the fennel bulb in half, and then cut each half in four wedges.
- Slice the mandarins thinly and crosswise, keeping the skin on.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. In a large baking dish, combine the potatoes, fennel wedges and mandarin slices. Pour over the marinade, stirring gently to ensure everything is coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, add the thyme leaves and then continue cooking for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and golden.