This simple and easy to make centerpiece will be sure to have your Easter guests hopping with excitement!
22 Yarrows Fruitless Hot-Cross Buns
22 small caramel-filled Easter eggs, foil wrapping removed
100g milk chocolate, chopped
To decorate, silver cachous and small Easter eggs.
2 cups icing sugar
1-2 tbsp water
1-2 drops pink food colouring
Small colourful Easter eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C. Make a hole in the middle of each hot-cross bun and insert an Easter egg into each. Place buns onto a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until buns are warm. Remove from oven.
- Place chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Microwave for 1-2 minutes, in 30 second bursts, until melted. Stir using a metal spoon.
- Arrange 7 buns to form a circle on a large serving plate. Stack 2 buns in the centre (to help hold the tower). Dip one side of a hot-cross bun into the melted chocolate and stack onto the bun base. Continue dipping and stacking to form a tower of hot-cross buns, finishing with 1 bun at the top.
- To make pink icing, place icing sugar into a bowl, gradually add water to form a smooth slightly runny consistency. Gradually drop in the food colouring and stir to form a pale pink icing. Drizzle icing over the hot-cross bun tower.
- To decorate, sprinkle with silver cachous and small Easter eggs.