A twist on your favourite Easter buns! This will no doubt be a great hit with your family and friends.
2 IGA Baker’s Oven Easter buns, cut in half
4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
4 egg whites (room temperature)
8 tbsp (50g) caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Using an egg ring, cut out circles from each bun half and place on a baking tray.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each and freeze.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, using electric beaters, whisk 2 egg whites with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the caster sugar, beating until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Remove the buns and ice-cream from freezer and dollop the meringue on top of the ice cream until it’s completely covered.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes.