Top off your entertaining with this quick but classy ice cream pudding. It looks great and tastes even better.
3 cups leftover dark fruit cake, crumbled
1/3 cup Grand Marnier, or fruit juice
2 litres creamy, vanilla ice-cream
150g dark chocolate
- Place the crumbled cake into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with the liqueur, stir to combine, cover and sit for at least 1 hour, stirring twice.
- Bring the ice-cream to room temperature.
- Add the ice cream to the crumbled cake and mix to combine.
- Line a pudding bowl with glad wrap, spoon the mixture in, cover with cling wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- 20 minutes from serving, melt the chocolate in a microwave in 30-second increments until nice and smooth.
- Remove and run a little hot water over the outside so that the pudding comes out of the bowl easily and invert onto a platter.
- Pour over the melted chocolate, allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Pop back into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up. Decorate with fresh cherries, for extra height leave their stalks intact.