A really classy piece of rump has all the right ratio of fat (look for marbling), muscle structure and flavour. The lemon and basil combine beautifully to complement these steaks.
1/3 cup basil pesto
1 tbsp lemon juice and zest
1 red chilli, finely sliced
4 x 200g rump steaks
- In a small bowl, mix together basil pesto and lemon.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the BBQ to high.
- Lightly oil the steaks, and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Grill the steaks to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium.
- In the last minute, baste the steaks with a little of the pesto sauce.
- Once done, remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with the remaining pesto and finely sliced chilli.