Mediterranean Stuffed Capsicums. The perfect way to sneak more veggies into your meals.
2 large red capsicums, cut in half lengthways (membranes and seeds discarded)
500g lean beef mince
1 onion, peeled and chopped
1 cup (250ml) pasta sauce
- Heat a little olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan, add onion; cook, stirring, until tender.
- Add beef and cook, stirring, until browned.
- Add pasta sauce, bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, season to taste.
- Meanwhile, line a baking dish with baking paper. Lay the 4 capsicum halves inside.
- Fill each with the mince mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until capsicums are tender.