We’ve replaced the meat with these meaty portobello mushrooms, for a fast and easy vegetarian recipe. Topped with parmesan to give an extra layer of yum!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup sliced swiss brown mushrooms
4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
½ cup oyster or enoki mushrooms
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
¼ cup dry white wine
1 cup vegetable stock
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
¼ cup grated parmesan
250g pappardelle or pasta of choice
- Heat butter and olive oil in a pan over high heat until butter is melted.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden (2-4 minutes).
- Add wine, cook for 1-2 minutes, then add stock and cook until liquid has reduced by half (5-10 minutes).
- Stir through parsley and rosemary and season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain pasta and divide among bowls. Spoon over ragù and top with parmesan and fresh parsley. Serve immediately.