The Dijon mustard adds a tang that really brings this family favourite dish to the next level!
1 whole chicken, cleaned and dried
2 lemons, juiced
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
Your choice of Spring Veggies (we used potatoes, pumpkin, baby broccoli and asparagus!)
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Season the cavity with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Peel and quarter 4 washed potatoes and 4 large pieces of pumpkin. Then place both into the roasting pan.
- Prepare the Dijon mixture by whisking together lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff the squeezed lemons into the cavity and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and coat with the Dijon mixture. Add ½ cup of water (or chicken stock) to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Add the baby broccoli and asparagus and baste the chicken and the veggies with pan juices. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the juices run clear when the chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.