This super tasty and super simple BBQ Lamb, creates the perfect summer Sunday roast.
1kg butterflied lamb leg roast
1 cup sweet chilli sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
6 fresh rosemary stalks
- Remove from the roast from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you are ready to cook, so the lamb comes up to room temperature.
- Preheat the BBQ to high.
- Use a sharp knife to cut incisions in the meat and fill with fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Drizzle lightly with oil and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Once the BBQ is hot, cook the meat for 5 minutes each side; you want a nicely seared crust.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, brush with sweet chilli sauce and cook, for another 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning every 3 minutes and brushing with sweet chilli.
- When cooked to desired doneness, transfer to a serving plate, cover loosely with foil and rest in a warm place for 10 minutes before carving.
- Carve across the grain to ensure tenderness.