Who says exotic can’t be easy? This is a vitamin-rich creamy curry that can be pulled together quickly for a mid-week meal. Refreshed with a kick of lime, and texture is added with a topping of roasted peanuts. Enjoy!
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, grated
1 thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
500g sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
400ml can ‘lite’ coconut milk
200g bag baby spinach
200 ml vegetable stock
1 lime, juiced
2 handfuls fresh coriander, chopped
Cooked Basmati rice (or other low GI rice), to serve
Dry roasted peanuts, to serve
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until they begin to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 min until fragrant.
- Stir in Thai red curry paste, peanut butter and sweet potato then add coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 mins or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Turn off the heat and stir through baby spinach and lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over cooked rice, and sprinkle over a few dry roasted peanuts and fresh coriander.