When throwing a delicious T-bone on the BBQ, start cooking with lower heat until it’s nearly done to your liking then finish it over high heat for a delicious seared crust.
4 T-bone steaks
50g soft blue cheese
50g butter, softened
2 shallots, finely chopped
- At least 30 minutes before cooking, remove the steaks from the fridge and bring to room temperature (doing this ensures a more even cook).
- Combine blue cheese, butter and shallots in a small bowl and mix well.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium low.
- Lightly oil the steaks and season generously with sea salt and cracked pepper, including the edges.
- Arrange steaks on the cooler side of the grill with tenderloins (the smaller medallions of meat) positioned farthest from the coals.
- Cook 6 minutes, or until a golden crust forms, (but always keeping tenderloin farthest from the coals). Turn and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high.
- Using tongs, hold steaks on their edges to sear the sides.
- Spread the buttery mix across the hot steaks and serve immediately.