A perfect entertaining dish, the citrus gives a lovely botanical flavour to this twist on a traditional tapas dish.
Juice and zest of 1 orange
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
½ lemon, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
1 1/2 cups brine-cured green olives
3 tbsp olive oil
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tbsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Place the orange and lemon slices in a large bowl with the citrus juice and zest.
- Stir in the olives, thyme, rosemary and olive oil.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 4 hours before baking.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place olive mixture in an oven proof pan and bake for 20 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl when done.