Terms & Conditions for IGA Rewards Program
The terms and conditions set out in this document govern your participation in the IGA REWARDS Program (Program) and use of the Program website (at www.igarewards.com.au) (Site). In this document, when we say IGA Rewards, we, us, our (etc.) we are referring to Metcash Trading Limited ACN 112 073 480. When we say you, your (etc.), we mean the person registering for, subscribing to, and participating in the Program.
Your agreement with us
We own and operate the Program, and the Site. When you register for the Program, you are entering into a contract with us which includes these terms and conditions. Your registration for, or continued participation in, the Program, indicates your agreement to the latest terms and conditions of the Program applying at that time, as may be notified to you (including by posting on the Site and/or by email). If you do not accept the updated terms and conditions, you must notify us that you wish to terminate your membership and cease participation in the Program.
Your privacy is important to us
How to get started
Membership in the Program is free. The process for joining varies depending on whether you are a member of an existing loyalty program at your nominated primary store (Primary Store) and whether your Primary Store has opted to handle new registrations. If you do not already have a loyalty card issued by your Primary Store, you will need to:
- pick up your Primary Store’s loyalty card (or an IGA REWARDS-branded card) (Card) in store; and
- register your account either: i. with us at www.igarewards.com.au; or ii. in-store at your Primary Store or via their website (if your Primary Store has opted to handle new registrations).
If you already have a Card issued by your Primary Store, you must register directly with us at www.igarewards.com.au. As part of the registration process, you will be required to provide a valid email address and requested to complete your account profile, including to nominate your Primary Store. You must ensure that the store you select as your Primary Store is the store which issued your Card. If you do not provide the information we need, you will not be able to participate in the Program. Full details of how to register your details and Card to participate in the Program can be found at www.igarewards.com.au. As a condition of receiving membership benefits, you agree to receive communications from us and you agree that we may refuse or suspend all or some of the Program benefits if we determine that the email address provided is not (or ceases to be) valid, or if you unsubscribe from receiving these communications. Communications you may receive will include material for promotional and marketing purposes relating to products and services that we provide, and those that participating IGA retailers and other third parties provide.
Once you are a subscribed Program member you can collect all the current benefits (see below) in connection with your shopping at your Primary Store. In some cases, IGA retailers who own multiple stores may permit you to access Program benefits across their network of stores, but this is subject to the retailer’s systems, and IGA Rewards cannot guarantee that the Program benefits will be available at any IGA store other than your registered Primary Store
Third Party Program
If your Primary Store offers an existing loyalty program (Third Party Program), you must be a member of that Third Party Program in order to participate in our Program. When you register for our Program, you will simultaneously become a member of your Primary Store’s Third Party Program (if it has one) by accepting the terms and conditions of membership of that Third Party Program, which will be shown to you as part of the Program registration process. Please note that even once you have become a member of the Third Party Program, there may be additional steps you need to take to receive all Third Party Program benefits. You should check with your Primary Store (or their Third Party Program provider) if you have any questions about the terms and conditions that will apply to your participation in the Third Party Program, or any additional steps that may be required to access full member benefits connected with that program. Your enrolment in a Third Party Program is an agreement between you and the provider of the Third Party Program. You should be aware that IGA Rewards is not a party to that agreement and cannot take responsibility for the provision of any Third Party Program benefits or the conduct of the Third Party Program more generally. Please also note that if you cancel your membership of a Third Party Program, your membership in our Program may also be cancelled.
Your and our responsibilities
Your account and any associated IGA REWARDS-branded Card issued to you remain our property. You are responsible for their safekeeping. You must not transfer your account to another person and you promise us that you will not let anyone else use or receive the benefit of use of your account. You promise to us that you are a resident of Australia and aged 18 years or over and that you only have one account in connection with the Program. You promise to give us accurate information about you and to keep us up to date with any changes to that information. You must not use your Card, the Site or any Program benefits we provide to you in any unauthorised or illegal manner. Our responsibility is to provide the Program in accordance with these terms and conditions, as updated from time to time. We are not responsible if you are unable to collect or receive Program benefits as a result of your failure to update your details. Where we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect your or our interests, we may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel your Program accounts and/or Cards, in whatever form, and remove you from the Program at any time, including if we reasonably believe that you:
- are abusing or attempting to abuse the Program;
- have materially breached these terms and conditions;
- are involved in any behaviour relating to our Program that involves theft, fraud, misconduct, abusive, offensive or other inappropriate behaviour, or the supply of false or misleading information.
The Program is only for personal and consumer use. The Program cannot be used for any business transaction or purpose.
Program member offers and rewards
The purpose of the Program is to reward your loyalty and provide member deals, and to enable IGA Rewards and IGA retailers to gain insights into shopper trends and store and marketing campaign performance. This will enable them and us to provide you with relevant offers and enhance your experience as a valued IGA customer. Benefits of participation in the Program at launch include:
- member discounts and savings, including in-store member deals;
- access to third party offers;
- targeted marketing communications; and
- automatic entry in prize draws in which your Primary Store is participating (where you qualify for entry).
You must present your Card at the checkout in your participating Primary Store to take advantage of these benefits. Certain products, including tobacco or tobacco-related products, lottery, stamps, prescription medicines, infant formula and gift cards do not qualify for Program discounts and savings, and will not be included in the calculation of qualifying spend or otherwise recognised for the purposes of automatic electronic prize draw entries. Other products may be added to the above list of excluded products at our discretion. Lists of excluded products will be posted on the Site and/or notified to you via email. Cards do not have any monetary value or accumulate points as part of the Program, and member benefits are not exchangeable for cash. Your membership is specific to your Primary Store. For the avoidance of doubt, a Card registered to one Primary Store cannot be used to obtain Program benefits at other IGA stores (unless your Primary Store is owned by an IGA retailer who also owns other participating stores, and that retailer has systems in place which permit its Card to be used at multiple stores). In-store member deals In-store member deals will include discounts and savings on selected products from time to time. Which product deals or special offers are run and the duration of any deal or offer is in our complete discretion as operators of the Program and we have no obligation to you to make any offers in any particular period or at all. Availability of member deals depends on stock availability at your Primary Store. You should be aware that your Primary Store may not stock all products for which member deals are promoted, or stock any products at all times. Automatic electronic prize draw entry for members Automatic electronic entry to prize draws for shoppers who meet the eligibility requirements and scan their Card at their participating Primary Store is also a key benefit of the Program (Promotions). Promotions are subject to the following general promotional terms and conditions:
- The promoter is Metcash Trading Limited ACN 112 073 480 (i.e. IGA Rewards, which is referred to in these general promotional terms and conditions as the Promoter), unless otherwise stated.
- The Promotion commences and ends on the dates specified by the Promoter (Promotional Period). Details of when, where and how the draw will take place, prizes and other Promotion-specific details (e.g. eligibility requirements) will also be specified by the Promoter.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time your Card is swiped in connection with a qualifying transaction at your participating Primary Store (or, in some limited cases, as described in the Program terms, at another store operated by the owner of your Primary Store). Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt.
- Information on how to enter and prizes notified to you by the Promoter, including additional Promotion terms and conditions notified to you via email and/or on the Site, form part of the Promotion conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of Western Australia, unless otherwise stated. Employees (and the immediate family members) of agencies/companies directly associated with conducting the Promotion, of the participating IGA retailers, the Promoter, its distributors, suppliers, subsidiary companies/businesses and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- To be eligible for entry into the Promotion, entrants must, during the relevant Promotional Period: a. Be a registered and subscribed member of the Program; and b. Present their Card when making a qualifying transaction at their participating Primary Store. (Please note that certain products, as described in the Promotion-specific terms, will not be taken into account in calculating any qualifying spend for Promotion purposes).
- Members receive one entry per qualifying transaction and a limit applies of a maximum three entries per person per day (or as otherwise provided in the Promotion-specific terms and conditions).
- Each winner will be notified using the email address linked to their Program account.
- Prizes are not variable or transferable. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. If any winner chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to), or does not take or claim a prize by the time specified by the Promoter, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. Entries will be deemed void if illegitimate, forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
- Any guarantee or warranty given is in addition to any relevant statutory guarantees and warranties and nothing in these general promotional terms and conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- If for any reason any aspect of a Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify a prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- In the event that the prize (or any part of the prize) becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize (or the relevant part of a prize) with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrants’ details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software (except as expressly permitted under these terms) or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions, or who is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this Promotion. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
Lost, damaged or stolen cards
If your Card is lost, damaged or stolen, you can collect a replacement Card from your Primary Store, and contact us via the Site to link your new Card to your account If you notify us that a Card has been lost or stolen we reserve the right to suspend or cancel the relevant account.
Changes to / Cessation of the Program
We are under no obligation to continue to offer the Program. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions and any other rules or benefits of the Program, at any time. We will give you reasonable notice (including by posting on the Site and/or by email) of any material change to, or cessation of, the Program or material changes to these terms and conditions. If you do not accept changes to the Program or its terms and conditions, you must cancel your membership. If, after notification of such changes, you continue to participate in the Program that will be taken as you having accepted the changes.
Leaving the Program
You can choose to leave the Program at any time. You may cancel your membership by using the “Contact us” option on the Site or by any other account-closure method we may make available from time to time. If you cancel your membership, you will not be eligible to receive Program member benefits and any pending benefits not already received by you will be automatically forfeited. If you used your Card in connection with both the Program and a Third Party Program, cancellation of your membership will not impact on the status of your membership of the relevant Third Party Program.
Third parties and our liability
While we own the Program, we do have third parties help us operate it. You acknowledge that third parties are involved and will handle your data. You also acknowledge that offers by third parties to provide products and/or services, or other benefits, which may be communicated to you as part of the Program, are offers made by those third parties, not by IGA Rewards. Communication of such an offer by IGA Rewards as part of your Program benefits does not imply endorsement of the third party, or its products, services or benefits. Consumer protection legislation may confer rights and remedies on you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Non-excludable Rights). Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify your Non-excludable Rights. Nevertheless, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable to you for any loss, damage, cost or expense you may suffer, due to:
- IGA retailers’ and other Program participants’ conduct, representations, products and/or services;
- events beyond our reasonable control; or
- the suspension or termination of your account in accordance with these terms.
Your use of the Program does not grant you any rights in the Program. This document is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts from that jurisdiction. These Program terms and conditions constitute the complete and exclusive agreement between you and IGA Rewards about the Program. These terms and conditions supersede any and all prior agreements and/or agreements made at the same time as you accepted (or reaccepted) these terms and conditions. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable under New South Wales law, this will not affect the remainder of the provisions of these Terms, which will remain in full force and effect. A failure to enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions will not restrict either you or us from enforcing that right or provision now or in future.